Monday, November 20, 2006

Busy Busy

Kurt is in town for 5 days. He called on Friday saying he was coming. Saturday PM through Sunday AM were spent by me on the phone with him and Dan D. trying to figure out what to do to get him here. Originally we were going to pick him up from the bus station, but Kurt didn't know which one it was. So, I was trying to figure out what time the train that goes out to Harvard starts at on Sunday, only to find out it starts at 7am. Kurt was in Chicago at 3:15am sitting with some people on the bus station bench on West Harrison st. So I figured he could take a cab to O'hare then a bus to Rockford. No go. He only had 10 dollars on him. No ATM in sight. I went as far as calling Justin W., who used to live in Chicago and knows people that live there right now. I figured he may possibly know what to do. He didn't answer though, I am not suprised. Usually calls from me at that time are "drunk Eric calls." I got on Western Union's website and find out they had a shop setup at the bus station he was at. I was getting ready to wire some cash over to him, but then figured he can just get cash from them directly. He got the cash and then got a cab. ETA for Rockford 7am. Woo hoo.

Chris moved in yesterday. It was pretty short and sweet. Although we still need to get all of the stuff that is still in the room adjacent to Chris' room moved out. Minor job, just a matter of getting the right "parties" to get the job done which has proven to be a job in itself.

Logan's stay at his parents has been extended. There has not been a whole lot of news with that. We are all praying for him though.

Matt is working on getting his job apps together. He also "volunteered" to work on the monthy menu, in order to get our spending for food back in control.

As for me, read my other blog if you want to know. I have been posting comments on other people's blogs rather than my own. So my blog seems a little bare from the past week. Here are the other people's blogs though. Some interesting conversations: Justin and Emily . Hopefully they don't mind.

No comments: